Friday, November 11, 2005

"ALONG UNFAMILIAR PATHS I WILL GUIDE THEM." ISAIAH 42:16

This is the devotional that I read today. I thought it reflected my thoughts about staying, about life. I feel many times that I do not have the wisdom to make such important life decisions. Today my prayer is: Lord show me your way for me. I feel I don't have enough wisdom to see into next year, but you can. Lord bring peace to me in this big decision. I feel overwhelmed, swallowed up.

Led by God (Taken from Bob Gass Ministries)

Don't ask God to bless your plans, ask Him to show you His - they're already blessed. When the time is right the plan will be clear, the people in place, and the resources available. Peter writes. "Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us" (2Pe 1:3 TM). Did you hear that? Everything!

God told Abraham when to leave home (See Ge 12:1), and Jacob when to go back home (See Ge 31:3). He even told Elijah where to find food in the middle of a famine (See 1Ki 17:1-5). And His promise to you is "Along unfamiliar paths I will guide them." The path you're on today may be unfamiliar to you but it's not to God. He's already gone ahead of you. All you need is the faith to step out and follow Him.

God never changes. If He talked to people all through the Bible He'll talk to you too. The question is, have you learned to recognize His voice yet? Nothing should be more important to you than learning to hear from God for yourself. The ideas of others should only confirm or clarify what He's already shown you. If you haven't heard from God you'll be tempted to think that the ideas of others are His commands - that could hurt you. You are unique! God has a personal plan and a specific destination for you. Take the time to ask Him about it for His Word says, "He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way" (Ps 25:9 NIV).

2 Comments:

At 6:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Faith....

I can tell this is a hard decision. That you are uneasy about making. I pray that God will lead you towards serenity and peace about your decision. I wanted to tell you that no matter what you decide I know there are people here in Canda who Love you and will support you no matter what you choose...

Miss Ya

Chris

 
At 6:32 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome devotion. it's true... god's plans are already blessed.

i am also reminded that where ever you end up, god is and will be there as well. He is not confined to just Canada or Taiwan. Wherever you will be, He will be there and He will be faith!

Blessings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home