Thursday, April 28, 2005

April 28, 2005

My students are quite funny and make me laugh (most of the time…sometimes not L…). Today as I was walking back to my office fromnaptime, a group of grade 8 students handed me a glass of coca- cola.Their teacher mentions to me that they have discovered what I like sothey are happy to give me some. Also quite funny is last nightRebecca and I went shopping at the supermarket and I ran into somegrade 7 students and they are whispering to themselves (and theydon’t know that Rebecca can understand what they are saying), they aresaying “I can’t say that… I can’t say that inEnglish.” Verycute indeed. It makes up for the frustrating moments.Last weekend I took a six hour train ride into Taipei city- it wassoooo long, but still an adventure. I met up with the otherCanadians that I trained with when I first arrived here. It was goodto see them and listen to each other’s stories. Taipei has 10million people living in it- It took about 1.5 hours to drive out ofit and to see green space again. I am truly blessed to live inTaitung. It is a little smaller than Regina, has all the shopping Iwould need, I have an English service to go to, it is safe, cleaner,and a nice view. So I looked forward to getting back ‘home’-imagine that, my home. It feels nice to say it and mean it now.The adventures for this coming weekend include an early alarm tocatch a boat out to Green Island. This is supposed to be a greattourist place. I look forward to checking it out.I have been going out on Tuesday and Thursday nights to play soccerwith about 5 other foreigners that live in the city. It has been sofun getting to know them, they are quite encouraging and funny tochat with.

Keep in touch. Have a great week.

Faith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home