Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Typhoon Haitung

My first typhoon experience. I made it seem so big, but as we waited and waited for this 'storm' to come, it slowed down and was not that big of a deal. Good for everybody. The wind got really strong for a few days and it rained for many after that. School as cancelled for Monday, July 18th and Tuesday, July 19th. I thought this was great, until I found out I had to make the classes up for the next two weekends on Saturday and Sunday- GREAT!! :) Oh well, now that Rebecca is away, all the more time to work, work, work.

Here are shots of the waves crashing into the shore. The cops were down there on their speaker phones telling the curious people to "go home" (I being one of them... opps...)... or that's what I thought they were saying- I am only guessing here. Another shot is when Rebecca and I went to move our scooters to the underground parking and we could hardly walk. Many scooters were blown over. I hurt my back trying to lift the other scooters and bikes so that I could get to mine. But all is well again- for my back and for the typhoon passing without too much damage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home